June 9, 2014

Ashley's Top 10 Favorite Books/Series

We figured the best way to get to know us and our taste in books is to do the classic top 10 books list. We've made it top 10 books/series because otherwise the first 7 books would have been the Harry Potter series. Without further ado I give you my, Ashley, top 10 books/series.

1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - To say Harry Potter has had a huge impact on my life is an understatement. These are the first book I really remember reading after I learned to read in first grade.

2. The Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce - Having to choose my favorite Tamora Pierce book is practically impossible but I have to always come back to the first ones I ever read.

3. The Lion Tamer's Daughter and Other Short Stories by Peter Dickinson - I became so obsessed with this book after borrowing it from the library that I borrowed it at least three other times before I finally bought my own copy.

4. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - There is almost nothing I like better than a great fairytale retelling. This has to be the most unique one I've ever come across. Cyborgs, evil people from the moon, a plague, kick-ass females, and some swoon worthy male characters, there is nothing about this series that I do not like.

5. Vicious by V.E. Schwab - I read this book in October and have been fighting the urge to reread this book since November. A great adult book about the blurred lines between what makes a hero and what makes a villain. 

6. The Giver by Lois Lowry- Unlike most of my classmates I did not read this in sixth grade. I read it my junior year of college and immediately bought the next two books in the series because I could not get enough of this world. Who knew that such a short book could be a wonderful dystopian and have such an impact on me.

7.  The Ranger's Apprentice Series by John Flanagan - This series rekindled my love for middle grade my senior year of high school.

8. Cirque Du Freak: A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan - I've read the whole series all the way through probably 3 times but I especially love the first book and have read it separately when the urge rises. 

9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green -  I admit to thinking this book was only ok the first time I read it, but the more I reread it the better it gets in my opinion.

10. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass - I never expected to love this book as much I did but the whimsical, crazy plot (or lack of plot) just called to me.  The amount of Alice in Wonderland merchandise that I own is getting a little out of hand and I could do an entire post or two about it.

This was much harder than anticipated. I kept thinking of new books and tried to do a small honorable mentions section but that started to become longer and longer, until I just had to scrap it. Do any of these books make it on to your top 10 books/series list? Or are there any you can't stand or hate? I know a few of these Lizbeth hated or did not enjoy (*cough*CinderandVicious*Cough*).



No comments:

Post a Comment